Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Favorite Recipe Sites

My poor mom - cooking without the Internet! I go online now for all of my recipes. Cookbooks are nice, but I love reading reviews and how people tweak recipes to make them more healthy or to fit their families needs.

Over the course of the All You Challenge, I am going to share some of my favorite recipe sites that I use for menu planning. The first site I want to share is Healthy Mom's Kitchen. I met one of the creators, Nisha, at the May Power of Mom's retreat in Park City. I heard her talking about her site during one of our small group chats and I knew that I just had to check it out.

Her site has uber healthy recipes that are also yummy! I like that she includes lots of scientific info about losing and maintaining weight. She also puts together a weekly menu plan based on what comes in Bountiful Baskets. Bountiful Baskets is a weekly coop where you pay $15 for a big basket of fresh fruits and veggies. They have the best wheat bread, too. That's all we eat these days! You don't know in advance what comes in the basket, so sometimes you get surprised by less common ingredients - like kale or swiss chard. That is when Nisha's site comes in handy to help me know what to do with them!

One of her recipes that we recently tried and loved is the Kid Friendly Quiche. It was so easy to make and my toddler and preschooler loved it and asked for seconds.

So head on over to her site and check it out! What sites do you use for menu planning?

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Im also participating in the challenge! I love quiches, they are so forgiving with anything you have on hand, and eggs are a great cheap protein. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete