Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 3 & 4 Decluttering!

I am a big fan of the Flylady. She says that you can do anything for 15 minutes. With two young children (2.5 and .5), those are about the largest increments of time that I ever have available. Here are some of the things I got done today.

1. Garbage - Emptied all the garbages in the house. Two and a half bags and a box later - much better! No more tissues, diapers, scraps of paper. Relief!
2. Floors - It's amazing how much vacuuming you can get done in 15 minutes. I got to some of the edges that have been needing it.
3. Decluttering! - I sorted through all the toys, baby gear, etc. on the floor to see what really needed to stay in the room, what could go to storage, and what needed to be put away back in their bedrooms.

Now I need to edit, because about 2 pm I remembered that I may be having visitors at 4 pm. Nothing like a crisis clean. I put the kiddos down for the nap and really dug into the main living area. It looks so much better! Still decluttering to do and organizing to do, but it was nice to really focus and get a bunch done. I feel like I have a cleaner slate to start with.

No comments:

Post a Comment